09 October, 2021

Once more new tables

I was convinced that 2021 would go by without myself publishing anything in the blog. I have stopped publishing comments on shitty games involving flippers and, as for real pinball games, nothing has been in sight. In fact, the only ones producing new pinball tables are the Zen Studios guys. A year ago they issued three new tables for the Mac. This year they joined the Apple Arcade and are offering a collection of pinballs under the name of Zen Pinball Party. Most of the tables are ones that already exist for the Mac. However there are also four new ones. They are

Trolls


Kung Fu Panda


How to Train Your Dragon


and My Little Pony


I haven't played the new tables for two reasons. One is that, on the Mac, they require MacOs 11 which I haven't installed (and will not for some time). The second is that Apple Arcade is a subscription service and I don't have any intention to pay a monthly fee to Apple in order to play four pinball tables. So I am just giving you the information that these new tables do exist. 

Now wait for next year. 

2 comments:

  1. Long time no see. Looks like a bunch of popular license designs for these tables. Nothing I would get an Apple Arcade subscription for. My free subscription I got with my new phone just ran out too. And there’s nothing on there I would pay a monthly fee for. Even if it isn’t too expensive. I do most of my gaming on Nintendo Switch anyway. Zen is on there with a couple of pinball games. And even Zaccharia has a working game on Switch. Tbh. I stopped investing in iOS since there’s no guarantee any app keeps working after new system updates. My Farsight collection still does but I have to manually restore purchases each time to even get my custom balls. Anyway, I hope you’re doing fine these days. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole year with absolutely NOTHING! I don't even think these 4 are worthy of inclusion since they'll be dead soon anyways..With all the provisos on the games I don't think they'll sell enough to even recoup costs.
    I just went through all my pinballs to see if they all work... I'm still on 10.11.6 (El Capitan) because my mac is 12 years old, and I double boot between Snow Leopard and El Capitan.. Fact is because of Rosetta, and compatibility with other apps,it works much better for me... Much faster too, than El Capitan.
    Lack of a browser update and some games that won't run on snow leopard however, means I sometimes have to boot into 10.10, which is the only place I can pay bills, or play Pinball Arcade and Zen pinball.
    So I thought I'd check how many other pinballs work.. Well not so many. None of the little wing pinalls function anymore, all except Tristan, which has the more modern code. All the pinballs using the same framework as Bakno, such as pinball massacre or shuffle, and of course Bakno's as well. All do play,however, but just barely.
    Dream pinball 3D doesn't work either, but unlike Little Wing's ones, that just give a black screen, it just quits immediately
    . So basically it's a few minor pins , and the "big three" Zen, Pinball Arcade, and Pinball HD, that still work. Also prrobably should point out that Pinball Dreams, and Steam also work, so any games UI have on Steam, such as Pro Pinball Ultra Edition, and Zaccaria pinball. Well, I assume it works.. I bought all the Zaccaria tables but can't play it until I upgrade to OSX 10.11, which requires a slightly newer iMac. I had to look for a long time to find one locally that could still run snow leopard and also 10.11.. I did find onebut am not ging to start using it until my current one dies for good, in order to get the most life out of the new one (It's not wearing out just sitting there)
    I think I've said enough for now :-)
    I hope you're doing well. You must be disappointed at the lack of interest shown for pinball lately.
    So take care friend....

    ReplyDelete