28 March, 2016

FarSight's Rescue 911

In my previous post I was complaining that there have been practically no pinball novelties this month (which is true). Still, on can always count on FarSight. The fifth season of real pinball table simulations is going strong and, while I am always criticising FarSight, I must also congratulate them for reviving all those classics. 

This month's table is Rescue 911, based on the tv series with the same title: 



While the game is well designed and it is rather easy to obtain a multiball or reach a decent score I did not really enjoy it. The ball has a tendency to enter the "Call 911" nook all too easily and I am not thrilled about the helicopter ride (although in the real pinball table this should have been a nice feature). I found also that it is not very easy to reach the upper part of the table and it took me some time before I could profitably use the upper right flipper. Moreover given the table configuration one cannot follow well what is happening in this upper part, independently of the camera angle. Finally the drain channel is a bit too wide to my taste. 

However there is another feature that FarSight has introduced that is making me most unhappy. Since this point will need further testing I will report on this new feature in the next blog post. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.. wonder what trhat "mystery 'un' feature" is,,, I guess I'll find out myself as soon as I boot into Yosemite (no haven't bothered updating it just yet...)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete