05 September, 2018

And now for some really good news

I heard about this from my friend Marco. He is one of the faithful followrs of my blog and he chimed in with the good news. The Williams-Bally collection is coming to Zen Pinball. In fact, there is an announcement on the Zen Studios page.


So, now we know why FarSight lost the contract with Williams-Bally. A collaboration of the latter with Zen Studios was in the works.

I have, for years, been criticizing FarSight, essentially on points which had more to do with presentation and esthetics. But these are the points where Zen Studios excel. So we can expect tables of very high quality based on the classics.

On the other hand this change means that we'll have to buy the tables once more. But, hey, when one loves pinball this is but a small sacrifice.

4 comments:

  1. The williams bally tables aren't actually coming to Pinball FX2.. but FX3.. last I checked it didn't run on a mac. Don't know about ipads..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not yet. But at least the licenses are being used in coming products. I based my info on news on my Nintendo Switch though. But I have a strong feeling Zen will be using their licenses on many platforms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There’s an iOS app available now.
    Williams™ Pinball by ZEN Studios Ltd.

    ReplyDelete