01 September, 2018

Thank God, we can forget about Stern Arcade

The date of the deluge came and went. And my pinballs are still safely stored in my machines. I just hope all of you did the same and can continue enjoying all the great pinball tables FarSight produced over the years. 




The (very) bad news was of course the disappearance of the  Williams/Bally pinballs form the FarSight store. But there was at least one good news. FarSight apparently does not care anymore about the Stern Arcade. When the latter was introduced I did not have a device running iOS 10 and I could not test it. But a few months back I bought a new iPad running iOS 11 and I did give Stern Arcade a try. It was awful. I have on several occasions complained about the interface of Pinball Arcade but when one compares it to that of Stern Arcade PA look like a multiple prize winner. Fortunately it seems that FarSight decided to include the Stern pinballs in the mainstream Arcade. Otherwise they would have had two different apps with a handful of pinballs each (which would have been a not very clever move).

In a future post I will give my impressions about the new, Stern, additions to Pinball Arcade: StarTrek, ACDC and Mustang. But for the time being I will continue enjoying the old classics carefullly preserving them in all my machines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment