05 November, 2013

Trying other pinballs while we wait for Timeshock

It seems like we have to wait a little bit more before the alpha version of Timeshock becomes available. Thus, I decided in the mean time to try some pinballs from the iTunes store. Given the mediocrity of most pinballs available I decided that I was not going to spend any money and so only free pinballs made the cut. I tried a few and in most cases there was nothing to write home about. The only pinball that I found a little bit (but not more than that) to my liking was Tough Nuts. It’s a two table pinball, Fire Reaper



which I hated (only a vicious person would put draining slots on the lateral alleys) and Mafia



which I did like. The graphics of both tables are excellent and the physics simulation not bad. 

What I did not like at all was the fact that after losing a ball you could continue playing by inserting coins. For me this kind of tricks are a clear indication that the developer is there for the money and not because they are pinball fans. (That said, I am perfectly aware that people must make a living and that in-app purchases are a way to recoup the development costs). 

No comments:

Post a Comment