23 September, 2015

Writing about a non-existing pinball

I am not sure how I run across this pinball. Most probably I found a reference in Touch Arcade. Anyhow this is not the most important thing. What is funny is that this pinball does not exist and despite this I am going to write a post on it. We are talking about Chalkboard Pinball Creator. It’s a product of Pangea Software, a serious brand that has produced several successful games both for the Mac and iDevices. 


To put it in a nutshell it’s a new generation Pinball Construction Set. You draw the table frame and then position the various elements. The screen below is one example of what you get. 


There is even a video which shows the workings of the pinball on the Pangea site.

As I was saying the funny thing is that this game does not exist, neither in the french store, nor in the US or Canadian one (and I even searched for it in the greek store, to no avail). Perhaps the game is being updated for iOS 9, in which case it will resurface soon.  Having had a frustrating experience with Pinball Construction Set (never managed to play it) I am now jittery concerning this new pinball creator app. Most probably it will turn out to be an anticlimactic experience, but be that as it may, I would like to try it.

1 comment:

  1. If you still would like to try the Pinball construction set, I have a fully working retail CD setup via dosbox. I'll try it out inYosemite and see if it works there...
    If so I'll UL it to the usual place so you can give it a whirl...

    ReplyDelete